The Discilanti Open is a first annual disc golf tournament and 100% fundraiser to benefit SOS Community Services.
- Who: Super Friends Productions, emYOU! The Magazine, SOS Community Services, The Lakeshore Apartments.
- When: Saturday, October 10 from 2-9pm. Registration begins at 12pm.
- Where: The Ponds of Lake Shore in Ypsilanti; located on the property of The Lake Shore Apartments.
- Why: Our goal is to raise $10,000 for SOS, oh and to have an amazing time doing so!
Here’s what’s in store for the first annual Discilanti Open:
Beer Tent-Featuring great local breweries from throughout Michigan
Food-Enjoy the great eats offered by Chow Catering!
Cornhole/Bags Tournament-Test your tailgate skills against the best around! Cornhole is a bag toss game where you throw bags (filled with corn) onto a board with a small hole in it. Scoring is similar to horse shoes and you play with 2 people/team. Registration will take place from 12:00-3:00pm, tournament begins at 3:3opm. Entry fee is $10/team. Prizes for winning team is TBA.
Artisan Bazaar-Featuring great arts and crafts from local artists
Pizza Eating Contest-Sponsored by JD’s Pizza, the first to eat 1 large pepperoni pizza and drink a 2 liter of Coke wins! Winner will receive a catered party of up to 20 people!
For any questions regarding any of the festivities at the Discilanti Open please contact either Aaron Surma at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Adkins at email@example.com
SOS Community Services responds with care and respect to families in need by working in partnerships that result in economic, family, and residential stability.
How Does SOS Help?
- SOS serves the Washtenaw County community
- Short-term housing crisis counseling and case management
- Eviction prevention
- Utility assistance
- Distribution of emergency food and personal hygiene items
- Transportation assistance to a homeless shelter
- Short-term shelter for homeless families and children
- Intensive case management for homeless families
- Subsidized transitional housing and supportive services for homeless families
- Employability skills training and educational supports
- Life skills training
- Parenting programs and play groups
- Therapeutic day care for homeless children
- After-school and substance abuse prevention programs for
Find out more about SOS Community Services by visiting their website: http://www.soscs.com